Little Sisters

A friend for life

this lens' photo I have a sister. She is five years younger to me. Having a sister is a thrilling experience and is very special. As sisters, we look different. While she is short, chubby and cute, I'm lean and tall. Yet people say I must have looked like that five years ago. I don't understand it at all. We are different yet we are the same. She lives in another part of the city but we call each other every day and we give updates about what is happening. Not everything but the important or funny ones. We are apart yet we are together. A sister is a friend for life. You can count on her to stick with you even when times are trying. She is a pillar of support and always the first to truly care about you.

You are special because...

Your smile cheers me up even on the bleakest days.

You are so much fun to be with.

You enjoy the same things that I do.

You keep my secrets safe.

You are best part of my childhood.

You are my craziest friend.

Your expressions are beautiful.

The comedy movies are funnier when I watch it with you. 
 
A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.

You are just what I need

I still remember the day they brought you home from the hospital. You were a little pink bundle, squealing in mom's arms. I could not understand who you were and why you came. You looked at me with those big black eyes, taking me in and bonding with my heart. But jealousy clouded my eyes as I could not bear to see my parents fussing over another baby. I sat staring at you with those angry eyes. But you looked at me and smiled the most beautiful smile. You held my little finger and looked into my eyes and straight into my soul. Even though I was jealous, I was mesmerized with your grace and something was oddly comforting about you though you were so tiny. It was as if you were a smaller me and knew me perfectly. After all these years, I still remember your smile and your eyes. You are just what I need. You are perfect in your own way. God knew I was alone and needed somebody to be with me. He chose you and I completely agree with him.
 

Strengthening the ties

Having Healthy Discussions:

If you are the eldest child in the family you would invariably think that your sister is always younger to you and will not be able to understand certain issues that you deal with. This is a pretty common assumption. But we fail to understand that they too grow up and have different experiences and sometime they can perfectly understand what we are trying to communicate.

Being a part of the Gang:

The next common mistake is excluding them during important family discussions citing the reason that they are immature. Whether they understand or not, when the reach a certain age, they expect to be included in everything. At this point, excluding them would impact them in a wrong way.

Making the best of Sibling Time:

As an elder sister it is easy to get carried away with your life because you are busy with your own social circle and work commitments while your sister is still at school or college. Though you might think that your worlds and interests are diverse, it is not so. Try to find common interests between siblings and keep them growing. It will lay the foundation for the longer run. Provide special attention to your sister to show that you care for her no matter how great your responsibilities are. She will definitely appreciate it.

Building Trust:

Just like your younger sister trusts you to listen and advice about her problems, you too have to trust her and demonstrate your trust. In most cases, elders only listen to what little sisters have to say but do not share anything in return. This might strain your relationship in the future.

Genuinely enjoying each other's company:

Sometimes even when you don't feel like doing something that your little sister wants to do, just do it for her sake. The most important part is to try and understand why that activity is interesting to her. As long as she says you are making the effort to be together, she will reciprocate it soon.
 
For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather;
To cheer one on the tedious way,
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one totters down,
To strengthen whilst one stands


- Christina Rossetti, Goblin Market and Other 

Best gifts for your little sister's birthday

1. Crazy Photos:

You can take a picture of a crazy moment together and make it into a beautifully framed photograph. It will keep reminding her of your crazy days.

2.Accessories:

You can buy her that dangling earrings or the shiny clutch that you know she loves. Make sure you choose something that can go with the majority of her wardrobe.

3. Family Vacation:

Plan for a grand ceremony at a historical or important place. Not only will be the destination be a surprise, the party will definitely be remembered for a long time.

4. Surprise Party:

Call all her friends over for a surprise party and plan it with lots of colors and fun activities.

5. A Movie:

Prepare a movie of why she is special.. Include clippings of all the people who have a good word about her. It is a great way to wish a happy birthday!

More

What's Hot?